Wednesday, January 04, 2006

does it really need a Gottdammed Title???!!!

Well, I suppose this is my Happy New Year posting. My New Year's resolution is to not die this year.

The holidays were atrocious I spent them mostly in some podunk ass-backward town in Kansas. What was it called again? Oh yeah, Lawrence. Home of the midwest Art fucks. I found a little holiday sublet. It's amazing how quiet a college town gets over the Holidays, but I felt pretty safe being there. I actually had a chance to get in touch with my mom again, which was a... uh...necessity. Pardon me if I don't use the word 'pleasant'. I'm using Hushmail now so I don't have to worry as much about my E-location being revealed. That's a pretty decent feeling, though I doubt I should get too comfortable. Lethargy is death. I used to say that about sentimentality too.

I'm rockin out to this band I played with one night in boston. It was a show at Ottobar many many years ago. A Swarthy drunken event. They were cool, interesting; whatever. Stuff you'd expect to see on a Wednesday night. We had a decently fun night, traded CDs etc. Ijust happened to see it in a used CD bin so I picked it up for like $3. It's a pretty decent CD actually. Marvelkind. Whatever. Underground Rock is completely worthless. If it's good it's still born. The rest just need to be aborted.

The thing about that night that I remember was hanging out upstairs way after closing time, smoking some sweet Georgia Brown when the conversation turns to Freemasonry and the Occult. Of course in any decent conversation about the Occult the topic invariably turns to Aleistair Crowley, the godfather of 20th century hoo-ha. Well, this guy opens up his chain wallet and hands me this business card. The only thing on it is the sentence, " There is no enemy anywhere." I kept that card for a pretty long time, at least until my car was destroyed. I'm pretty sure it was in there somewhere.

It's funny that you don't see the pages I delete.

Those were my younger days, of course. I used to have a good time rockin around in a rockabilly-metal band. Learned many things about the nature of Homo eDrunkus and Homo Sluttian. I met a whole bunch of interesting characters all over the place. Some of them not such nice people.

I've always been a person who was happier thinking a about all things instead of one thing. My brother was a solid thinker and pretty much blasted any subject that he tackled. I, however, knew a little bit about pretty much everything he had to say to me and I burned him all the time with it.

Thing is, being able to stay on one thing helps you succed in thet field. Being a bit good in a bunch of things just gets you in trouble.

Oh, god. Can't type anymore. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home